Monday, March 3, 2008

Aaron's Birthday




I spent a portion of my pregnancy terrified of labor. I could not watch any of those TV shows where they document deliveries. I did not want to here women share there traumatic experiences. I would literally break into a sweat and get dizzy. In fact I tried to just ignore the fact that this baby had to come out at all. As I look back and think of my whole labor experience I can't wait to do it again. I don't remember any pain at all. I remember the excitement, I remember how wonderful and supportive Adam was. The contractions weren't painful, they were progress. It is all a matter of perception, each time my body contracted we were just a little bit closer to meeting our little man. I remember when the nurse put Aaron on my chest. I looked up at Adam and started to cry because this little guy was a little bit of both of us. There is no other feeling in the world that can compare to seeing your child for the first time. He was and is a perfect little man. It is terrifying now to think about raising him. I guess you just have to take one step at a time!

No comments: